Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer Strawberry Sweetness


In honor of National Tapioca Pudding Day and strawberries in season, I made this concoction from Thai Cooking with Jam.  That's vegan tapioca pudding made with coconut cream.  I refrigerated a can of coconut milk, which made all the creaminess rise to the top, and used a cup of that "cream."

The strawberries, part of my weekly Fruit for Life box from Hurd Orchards, were pureed with a tad bit of maple sugar and ground anise seed.  I almost skipped the anise seed, but I'm so glad I didn't.  They give just a hint of flavor, not too licorice-y as I had feared.

I had the day off for dissertation work, and by late afternoon T. and I (and Zoe) were ready for some relaxation.  Zoe has recently discovered that she loves the hammock swing.




Now I have to fight both T. and Zoe for some time in the hammock.  Luckily for me, they seem to think I've earned it after that lovely dessert.

No comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share