Thursday, April 7, 2011

Finding beauty


Hello, dear HandCraftedLife.  You were my first blog, and I do still care for you.  It is true that I have been distracted by various other online and social media sites.  But I still return to you when I want to be reminded of the beauty in life.



These pictures are from Lamberton Conservatory at Highland Park, and show that although it is still cold out, the plants and animal are responding to the lengthening days of spring.


And another place for beauty is the The Albright Knox Art Gallery. These pictures are from the current exhibit "Surveyor."









Since I began this blog, I have become a Ph.D. student, along with maintaining my full-time job and a couple of part-time jobs here and there.  I'm loving what I'm doing, but most of my writing energy is going into my professional life right now.  I will still post here when I can, and I hope some of you are still following me!

If you want to check out my other online presences, here's the deal:

Facebook:
You can follow my HandCraftedLife blog on Facebook using the NetworkedBlogs app: http://apps.facebook.com/blognetworks/index.php?ref=ts


Twitter: 
handcraftedlife--updates on stuff I'm interested in
CCEdJWhite--for higher education/community college-related updates
And, a real life paying gig:

Chronicle of Higher Education 2-Year Track Blog: 
http://chronicle.com/blogs/onhiring/author/jwhite

Oh, and I just joined academia.edu.  Search for Julie White.

Let's keep in touch.

















2 comments:

TheKate said...

Congrats on the big steps you are taking! Do you have your dissertation topic picked or is it too soon in your program?

Bill said...

Lovely pictures! Congrats for all you're doing.

AddThis

Bookmark and Share