Sunday, May 10, 2009

Poking my head up


Just like the asparagus in my garden...after a long winter. The asparagus has been storing all its energy to culminate in the spring growing season. As for me, summer is my time to store up energy for the rest of the year. And I mark summer by when I can start bringing flowers in from the garden...



These are the first flowers from sweet woodruff.



The forget-me-nots are in full bloom and the bleeding hearts are just shy of full bloom.



Just a few blocks north,the Lilac Festival is in full swing.



But I prefer to visit in the early mornings before the crowds get there, when I can get up close and personal with the lilacs and snails.



In the garden, the strawberries are blooming, the lettuce, radishes, and peas are poking through the soil, and rhubarb is ready for picking.






More early spring pictures are at my Flickr set here.

2 comments:

Kelli C said...

Rummaging around your blog and really missing the connections I had in Rochester. I miss having so many friends who share my values and interests! Happy Mother's Day to you & T!

Melissa said...

I havent had a chance to try growing asparagus. I want to try :) Your plants look wonderful!

AddThis

Bookmark and Share