Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mending

More posts soon on handcrafting a life...lately I feel more like I've been mending rather than crafting anything new. I know that's part of the deal, but it can be unnerving to have a reminder of how fragile life truly is. I was in a minor car accident, and I've been totally caught off guard by how this has affected my body. I've just been trying to keep my head above water while coping with the whiplash.

So, in lieu of a more substantial and thoughtful post, for today, here's the update on other happenings...



The girls grew (a lot!) They are now all laying, although Bessie (the black and white one, who is younger) just started and seems to be rather inconsistent. On sunny days they love to settle down in the dirt for a nice dust bath. You can tell the pecking order...Sarah (the Rhode Island Red) gets to pick her spot first. Then Ella, who is very placid and our most reliable layer of eggs, which are a beautiful shade of blue, and finally the baby, Billie. Once they settle in, they will lie there for a half hour or more.



I got to help celebrate the 40th birthday of a dear friend! (This is the look on her face when we all yelled, "Surprise!") The longer I live, the more I realize that long-time connections are so important. Even though I don't see most of my friends nearly enough, or say it nearly often enough, it feels so important and wonderful to have a community of people whose lives intersect with mine in so many different ways throughout our lifetimes.



I got to see the mountains of Reno from my hotel room. Beautiful view (except for all the concrete at the bottom...I don't understand the human compulsion to put ugly concrete boxes and tacky neon signs near beautiful sites of nature...even been to Niagara Falls?).



One of my favorite bakeries ever went out of business without any warning! So sad...



And I got to go to DS' sophomore recital. He's the one with the cello! He received a standing ovation (and I wasn't even the one who started it!)

I will keep mending, with the motivation of cycling season already well underway!

No comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share