Sunday, November 2, 2008

Freeze warning



Before the freeze a couple of weekends ago (yes, I'm behind on posting!), I harvested a ton of garden goodies. Back in the spring, a few friends and I planted some tomato plants in a community garden. It was pretty neglected throughout the summer, but I still harvested 34 pounds of green tomatoes from it, and made green tomato salsa and green tomato/pepper/onion relish. The economy may be bad, but no matter what happens, we will be flush with condiments.





In these pictures you see mustard greens, collards, calendula, green beans, nasturtium leaves (which became a big salad), and peony leaves with black-eyed Susan heads and a few zinnias.
It's been a good year for the garden. I've also planted a fall garden, including more collards, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and beets. No harvest yet, but I'm hopeful!

No comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share